Darden Business School – the University of Virginia is renowned for its case-based methods. But, there are plenty of great things about Darden & its surroundings that are less known. Let us have a look at each of them.
1. Darden Honor Code: Darden’s famous code of honour. This is well known amongst us students at Darden. What it means is that it gives us the option of take-home exams. Well, Darden follows a strict penalization process for students that violates its honour code & Darden’s culture ensures that the honour code is followed well by all its students.
2. The first coffee tradition: Every time after the first class, students, faculties & other people at Darden gather around to have their first coffee of the day. This is the place most commonly used for announcements & awards & other such things.
3. Unesco Heritage Site: Well this is a known fact but people who are just starting to research about Darden’s culture, might want to know that Darden’s campus is recognized by UNESCO as a world heritage site. Pretty cool, eh?
4. Virginia Festival of the Book: This is not exactly at Darden but at Virginia and tons of bibliophiles form Darden visit this festival every year. It’s a haven for book lovers & let's just leave it at that.
5. Global Consulting Projects: These provide opportunities to a small team of students to provide consulting services to an international company. It’s a great networking opportunity & offers great projects to learn from.